About the Matthew Micallef St. John Athletics Stadium and Memberships
Malta’s location, nimble size and mild Mediterranean climate, including all-year sunshine, making it a unique destination for sporting events, individual and team training camps as well as rehabilitation programmes.
Athletics Malta’s mission, along with its partner SportMalta is to provide the best athletics facilities required by athletes and sports teams, perfectly put together to help you achieve your sporting objectives.
The Matthew Micallef St. John Stadium (MMSJ) is located in Marsa, in a centrally and easily-accessible location of the island. This sporting complex has played host to many international events over the years including the European Team Championships and the Championships of the Small States of Europe.
The stadium is currently undergoing major infrastructural and refurbishment works to accommodate the World Special Olympic Games in May 2022 and the Games of the Small States of Europe in June 2023.
The Stadium comprises:
- World Athletics certified Class 1, 400m 8 lane Conipur MX+ track • 140m straight warm up area.
- 5 long jump pits, pole vault and High jump pits as well as all throwing facilities.
- Photo finish installations and all supporting training equipment
- Seating capacity of up to 3000 spectators.
- Onsite gym / weights room
- Medical – Doping Control Room & Physiotherapy Room
- In-house offices and conference rooms
- Amenities – changing rooms, bathrooms and showers
|Monday to Friday||7.00 to 20.30|
|Saturday||7.30 to 17.00|
|Saturday morning||9.00 to 12.00||Warm up area reserved for SportMalta|
|Sunday and Public Holidays||8:00 to 12.00|
|Unauthorized use outside the hours indicated may lead to prosecution.|
* Please note that these times may differ, subject to events organized by Athletics Malta or any other entity endorsed by federation.Apply for track membership here (link to membership page)