The MAAA has been invited to nominate 2 athletes (1 male and 1 female) to compete in the European Festival of Sprint in Rieti, Italy, which will be held between the 6 and 7 October 2018.
In the circumstances a Qualifying Competition (80 Metre sprint) will be held at the Matthew Micallef St John Stadium on Thursday 6 September 2018 at 18:30.
The MAAA is hereby once again requesting the assistance of officials to assist in such event. Details on the event are listed hereunder:
- the competition is a sprint over the distance of 80 meters
- separate races will be held for boys and for girls
- in case that more than 8 (eight) duly registered athletes in a category are present at the start there shall be first round heats
- subject to number of runners participating the best performers will qualify for the final (if required)
- in case there will be less than 8 (eight) duly registered athletes at the start there will be only 1 race, as a direct final
- the winner in the respective gender category will qualify for nomination to the National Team for participation at the European Festival of Sprint U16 (Rieti, ITA)
- final confirmation of team members is subject to approval by the MAAA Council.
Helpers, officials, judges should call at the stadium speaker’s desk upon arrival, to make their presence known and get assigned to an event.
Many thanks in advance for your support and cooperation !