The Malta Amateur Athletic Association is holding a Cross Country Competition for Schools on Wednesday 3rd December 2014. The Cross Country Competition will be held on the grass area around the Marsa Athletic Track.
PROGRAM OF EVENTS
|10:00 a.m.||Primary School Girls||born: 2004||1 kilometre|
|10:15 a.m.||Primary School Boys||born: 2004||1 kilometre|
|10:30 a.m.||Cadets Girls||born: 2002, 2003||2 kilometres|
|10:50 a.m.||Cadets Boys||born: 2002, 2003||2 kilometres|
|11:10 a.m.||Youths Girls||born: 2000, 2001||2 kilometres|
|11:30 a.m.||Youths Boys||born: 2000, 2001||3.5 kilometres|
DISTRIBUTION OF RACE NUMBERS
MAAA officials will start distributing Race Numbers to PE Teachers / School Officials at 9:30 a.m. in the vicinity of the Start Area.
START AND FINISH
The Start and Finish of the MAAA Cross Country Competition will take place in the grass area within the Matthew Micallef St John Athletics Track.
There will be prizes for the first three runners in each race (boys and girls) together with prizes for the first three teams in each of the four races.
The races will be run over a course that will be confined to a grass area
Athletes are to run with the number assigned to them for this competition.
Entries are to be sent on the Official Entry Form by email (please indicate school, surname, name, date of birth, category, sex).
Send entry forms to the following email addresses by not later than 30th November 2014:
Entries are to be sent to Mr A. Fava at the following email address:
and copied to:
4. ASSISTANCE TO ORGANISERS
In order to ensure the smooth organization of the competition, participating schools, apart from the teacher coaching the team, may be requested, if possible, to provide assistance to the Malta Amateur Athletic Association.
5. TEAM COMPETITION
- To be eligible for the Team Prize of a particular race, schools must enter at least 4 runners in that race.
- Each School can enter a maximum of 8 athletes per race.
- Team positions will be determined by place.
- All athletes fielded by a school will be considered to be potential scoring members.
- Only the first 4 runners of each team will be considered to be the scoring members.
- Team scores shall be the total of the finishing position of each scoring member.
- The team with the lowest total points is the Team Winner.